Learning in our school
Our curriculum has been judged as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015
The approach we already use:
- Start topic using a curriculum map and what the pupils tell us they would like to investigate
- Ensure progression
- Great, exciting launch
- We let pupils steer their learning
- Reinforcing skills
- We don't over plan so as to allow for flexibility and curiosity
- We build momentum
Purpose and aspirations:
- To develop children's purpose of learning and expand their aspirations.
- Advance organisers
- To have purpose in what they are doing
- To use a knowledge harvest to find out what is already known and identify new learning.
- To use mind maps to support thinking.
- To identify and link future learning opportunities independently.
Building learning power
- To develop children as independent learners with resilience.
- To celebrate uniqueness and strengths.
- To support tricky areas of learning.
- To celebrate even the smallest learning moment.
- Intellectual challenge.
- Closed / open activities in small steps.
- Powerful questioning.
- A range of places to sit, think and learn.
- Powerful, respectful dialogue between adults and pupils.
- Small steps planning where pupils can develop at an individual pace.
- Role play opportunities.
- Outdoor learning opportunities and regular visits off site.
- Availability of quality, well cared for resources.
- Continuous provision.
- Highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Joy and humour in everything we do!